Posts tagged Ecipse
In this tutorial I will demonstrate how to set up the Spring source ToolSuite to support Groovy and Grails development. Do as follows:
- Install the latest JDK, the latest Groovy SDK, and Grails.
- Install Springsource Tool Suite (STS) from http://www.springsource.com/developer/sts
- Find the STS.exe from wherever you unzipped the download ,I would recommend putting it straight under C:\ for quick navigation from the command prompt.
- Once STS is open, Click on “Help/Dashboard” menu item.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab at the bottom.
- Check the the Groovy Eclipse extension, click the “Install” button and follow the installation wizard. Restart STS after it’s done.
- Go back into the “Extensions” tab and check the Grails Support extension, click the “Install” button and follow the installation wizard. Restart STS after it’s done.
- You should be able to create grails projects now either from the “New Project” icon on the top left or from the “Dashboard” screen
Note #1: Keep going to the “Extensions” tab every once in a while to see if the Sprinsource team has added new features to these plugins.
Note #2: If your company is buying into the Groovy & Grails movement try to make them pay for an IntelliJ IDEA license, it’s $250 but it’s definitely worth it as it has native development environment support for Groovy, Grails, and Griffon applications.