Posts tagged Agile
An Integrated Development Environment (IDE ) is pretty much useless if it does not have integration with a version control system. It is not very agile to have to check out the code to a directory an then manually import it into the IDE of choice. SubEclipse is an Eclipse plugin that will allow SVN (a.k.a Subversion) interaction(check out, check in, versions compare, etc…) straight up from the IDE itself.
Steps to install Subeclipse are as follows:
- Fire up your IDE of choice STS (an Eclipse bundle) or Eclipse.
- Click on “Help/Install New Software…”
- Click the “Add…” button.
- Give a name to the site, I put “Subeclipse” , paste the latest Eclipse update site URL from the Subclipse download project page and then press “OK”
- Select all of the components on the next screen as follows:
- Follow the installation wizard, accept the terms of the license agreement, and press the “Finish” button
- Restart your STS or Eclipse IDE that you have chosen
- You should now be able to check out projects from SVN. Click on “New/Other…”. Scroll down until you see a folder called SVN, clicking on “Checkout Projects from SVN” will start the wizard.
In my next post under Development Environment/IDE series I will show you how to check out Java and Groovy projects from SVN.